Monday, September 12, 2011

Halloween

Well, it's been almost a year and this is my second posting. Maybe I should change the title to Procrastinators Annonymous.

My Jester costume is almose done, just needing some buttons and bells. I seem to have an affinity for slippery and downright nasty fabrics, especially when working on costumes. But for halloween, why not?


This vintage pattern, a gift from a great friend, is about 4 sizes too big. No problem, jesters aren't known for couture fitting. The worst part was the contrast fabric.

Sorry, I cannot get it to scan well. The black dots are actually fake gold sequins. The rest of the stuff is mostly metallic stuff that frays and slides all over the place.

So I've decided to actually start sewing everyday, and with purpose. No more half-baked projects. Yes, I'm still finishing the costume, and two other projects...but look out world! Next up is a bombshell dress (for the friend who gave me this pattern) and I'm ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment