Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bomb(shell)s away!

Well, it started. With buttons still waiting to be put on my halloween costume, I just couldn't resist starting the Bombshell dress for my friend. There will probably be muslins and fittings galore with this one, but why not?

I've purchased the "Sew Retro" class with a Burda Pattern, taught by Gretchen Hirsch.

http://www.craftsy.com/classes

After watching the entire course (it's not short), I really felt that this dress, although very tediously constructed, is within my abilities. You should know, my dear readers, that my abilities are limited. However, Gretchen goes through every step clearly for those of us who really don't know proper dressmaking techniques.

It's late, and my model is probably asleep. Hopefully she can spare a moment tomorrow for fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment